LINE EDITING – 3.7 cents per word
The Line Edit focuses on the flow of your story. It addresses spelling, grammar and word usage and includes a complete, detailed read of the manuscript and includes editorial comments, mark-ups and suggestions at a word-by-word level. The editor looks for awkward phrasing, incorrect word usage, incorrect spelling and grammatical errors.
This intensive structural edit focuses on the finer aspects of language—the flow of ideas, transition elements, tone, style, language usage, character development and more—while maintaining your voice.
The Line Edit:
- Corrects awkward constructions and suggests ways to make sentences crisper and tighter by fixing redundancy.
- Reviews key aspects—the narrative, vocabulary, structure, characterization, style and development.
- Addresses creative content, writing style and language use at the sentence and paragraph level. It focuses on the way you use language to communicate your story to the reader.
- At the first page will the reader be able to understand the nature of the story?
- Are any sentences so densely written that the reader will struggle to get through them?
- Is your language clear, fluid and pleasurable to read?
- Does your language convey a sense of atmosphere, emotion and tone?
- Will the reader be stopped by an excessive use of jargon?
- Is the narrative and dialogue so dry or juvenile that the reader will stop out of sheer boredom and frustration?
- Do the words you’ve chosen convey a precise meaning, or are you using broad generalizations and clichés?
You may pose questions via email to the editor for up to two weeks after the Line Edit is completed.
COPY EDITING – 2.5 cents per word
Copy Editing (proofreading) is the final quality check of a manuscript before the book goes to typesetting. The editor looks for spelling or grammatical errors and consistent formatting. This process checks for mistakes, inconsistencies and repetition. Here your manuscript is polished for publication to tell the best story possible. Focus is on both the small details and the big picture.
The Copy Edit:
- Checks for and corrects errors in grammar, spelling, syntax and punctuation.
- Checks for technical consistency in spelling, capitalization, font usage, numerals and hyphenation.
- Checks for continuity errors and makes sure that all loose ends are tied.
- Checks for factually incorrect statements.
- Checks for potential legal liability to verify that your manuscript does not libel others.
- Checks for inconsistency within the story. This includes character description, plot points, and setting. Does each character stay true to his own description throughout the story?
The Copy Edit comes after the Line Edit. The page-by-page, sentence-by-sentence content of your manuscript should be completely finalized before being fine-tuned during the Copy Edit.
You may pose questions via email to the editor for up to one week after the Copy Edit is completed.
TYPESETTING – $199
Typesetting, the creation of the interior of the book, includes text layout, chapter headings, copyright, dedication, etc.
EBOOK CONVERSION – $199
To be sold as an ebook, a completed book needs to be converted into both ePub and mobi file formats in order to be read on any e-reader. The conversion process includes the complete interior and the front cover of the book. All files are tested on live e-readers as part of the quality control. You’ll be given the ebook in both ePub and mobi file formats You may request one set of corrections for any errors.
DISTRIBUTION ASSISTANCE – $200
We assist you in setting up your own account with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing — a distribution channel for book sales. This allows you to publish and distribute your book while receiving direct sales reports and royalty payments directly from Amazon.
** OUR AUTHORS
Currently we are promoting the work of two authors. Check them out on the OUR AUTHORS page.
** INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH US?
Use the contact form at the bottom of the page to drop us a note!
PLEASE BE ADVISED!
- SPRING has sprung in the Rattlesnake Valley. The dam removal is complete, the trails have been improved and everything up there looks pretty cool.
- The BEARS are awake and HUNGRY! Carry your bear spray — a can lasts for maybe ten seconds, so you might wanna bring a spare along.
- The MOUNTAIN LIONS are always out there grubbing around.
- Don’t smoke in the woods and have fun. 😆
Click here for ==> GRIZZ CAM (Watch bears. See what they’re doing!)
Click here for ==> THE BEAR REPORT!
Thanks for stopping by.
Keep in touch.
Buy books often.
–Max Braun, President 😈
ADDITIONAL DOG LINKS
- Support Freedom Dogs
- Support the Black Dogs Project!
- Best Dog Commercial
- Don’t pass up this great dog story
- Check out The Bark Post
- Support the Yellow Dog Project!
- Labradors and Friends
- Dog Chef Cafe on Facebook
- Dog Chef Cafe STORE – They’ll send you dog treats!
- DOG MOUNTAIN
- VISIT DOG MOUNTAIN ON FACEBOOK
- Dogs Domesticated Twice
- SENIOR DOG SANCTUARY
- Dog Story – Days of Abandonment